Sebastian Ignacio Munoz Ruz
265 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Areas of Expertise
- Contemporary Latin American Literature and Culture
- Southern Cone Literature and Culture
- Popular Culture
- Ph.D in Spanish, The Ohio State University, 2022
- M.A., Latin American Cultural and Literary Studies, The Ohio State University, 2020
- M.A., Latin American Literature, Universidad Alberto Hurtado, 2016
- B.A., Language and Literature, Universidad Alberto Hurtado, 2010
Tutoring & Translating Services
- Advanced Spanish editing
Sebastián Muñoz is a Ph.D. in Latin American Cultural and Literary Studies at The Ohio State University. His major is in Contemporary Latin American Literature (1880 – Present), and his minor is in Latin American Popular Culture.
Sebastián’s current research includes cultural studies addressing soccer/football. Specifically, he analyzes memoires, films, and literature in 21st Century Chile, focusing on the creation and reproduction of discourses of identity. The primary goal of his research is to understand how fans are involved in organized institutions within the sport, such as soccer clubs, and how affect and ideology construct such experience. Other research interests include political economy, affective labor, and biopolitics, all connected to sports in Latin America.