Ayodeji Richard Olugbuyiro
Portuguese Graduate Teaching Associate
286 Hagerty Hall
1775 S College Rd.
Areas of Expertise
- Afro-Brazilian Literature and Culture
- Afro-Portuguese and Lusophone African Studies
- Comparative African Diaspora Studies
- B.A., Portuguese, Obafemi Awolowo University (2014)
- Ph.D., Studies of the Portuguese-Speaking World, The Ohio State University (in progress)
Ayodeji Richard Olugbuyiro is a doctoral candidate in the Study of the Portuguese-Speaking World program at Ohio State University. His research interests revolve around comparative Black diasporic literature and postcolonial cultural productions in the Luso-Afro-Brazilian Atlantic. He is interested particularly in Black poetry as a tool for resistance among Africans and diasporic Afro-descendants.