The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers a variety of undergraduate awards and honoraries:
- The Loann Crane Undergraduate Awards for Hispanic Studies is to facilitate research projects and to help fund study abroad.
- The Puente Cultural Service and Teaching Abroad Grant is a teaching/volunteering opportunity in Cuenca, Ecuador that covers roundtrip transportation to Cuenca, free tuition for CEDEI TEFL training program, and a monthly stipend.
- A special SPPO Graduation and Awards Ceremony is held for all undergraduate students completing a major or minor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The COWA-OSU Fellowship, which provides financial support for a graduating senior to live in Seville, Spain for nine-months and work 20-25 hours per week with the "Ohio State in Seville" education abroad program.
- The Judith Marquis Rymer and and Glenn Rymer Travel Award, which provides financial support to undergraduate or graduate students for study abroad fees and travel expenses.