Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)
The Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs approved for Spanish EM credit at OSU are listed below. Students who desire to earn EM credit through Advanced Placement or IB must have their official score reports sent to the Admissions Office, SAS Building, 281 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, OH 43210. Contact AP at 1-888-225-5427 or IB at 1-301-202-3121 to designate Ohio State University as an official score recipient.
AP Score Credit
- Score of 3 receives 8 credit hours (Spanish 1101 and 1102) = Enrollment in Spanish 1103
- Score of 4 or 5 receives 15 credit hours (Spanish 1101, 1102, 1103 and 2202) = Enrollment in Spanish 3401, 3403, and/or 3404
IB (High Level or HL) Score Credit
- Score of 6 or 7 receives 12 credit hours (Spanish 1101, 1102, and 1103) = Enrollment in Spanish 2202
- IB Standard Level scores not accepted for credit.
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests are computer based tests administered in the Office of Testing at Ohio State University. To schedule a CLEP test at Ohio State University, please call (614) 292-2241. Two separate fees are collected, a $77 testing fee payable to CLEP and a $20 administration fee payable to OSU. Military personnel may be eligible for reduced rates. Students who wish to earn OSU EM credit through the CLEP program must have their official score reports sent to the Admissions Office, Enarson Hall, 154 West 12th Avenue.
Course CLEP Required
- Score of 57 on Level 1 receives 8 credit hours (Spanish 1101 and 1102)
- Score of 66 on Level 2 receives 12 credit hours (Spanish 1101, 1102, and 1103)**
** Students with documentation of a CLEP Level 2 score of 66 or higher are exempt from 2202. These students should enroll in 3401, 3403 and/or 3404 toward completion of a major or minor in Spanish.