A transfer student is one who has completed undergraduate coursework at an accredited university or college other than Ohio State (international or domestic), and who has transferred to an OSU degree program.
- To initiate the process, send your Official Transcripts to the OSU Transfer Credit Center, Office of the University Registrar
- Transfer credit is course credit granted by coordinators in the Transfer Credit Center, Office of the University Registrar. Transfer credit for specific courses may be assigned automatically by Registrar-level credit coordinators upon admission, when equivalent courses have already been articulated.
- Students may also receive general/unspecified transfer credit for completed courses. In these cases:
- Students contact Rachel Sanabria, Academic Program Manager, to request evaluation
- Use your OSU email, and provide your OSU Student ID# and University (including specific campus location)
- Syllabus for each course for which general or specific transfer credit has been granted (electronic, scanned or faxed versions are fine.) Course descriptions from course offerings catalogues are not sufficient. Where syllabi are not available, textbooks, notes and papers from relevant courses may be used for the evaluation at the discretion of the credit coordinator.
- For further information, contact the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at (614) 292-4958.
NOTE: It is the student's responsibility to provide all required and requested information to facilitate the transfer credit evaluation process. Transfer credit requests will remain pending until all required or requested information and documentation has been provided.