Loann Crane Undergraduate Awards for Hispanic Studies
The purpose of the Loann Crane Undergraduate Awards for Hispanic Studies is to facilitate research projects and to help fund study abroad.
To be eligible, applicants must be undergraduate Spanish majors with an excellent academic record. During the period of the award (2020) they must either enroll in an approved study abroad program or be engaged in a valid research project.
Applicants should provide the following:
- a formal letter stating current level of Spanish, future goals, purpose of research/study abroad, etc.;
- their current Advising Report (available via Buckeyelink);
- a description of the proposed study abroad program (including official brochure or link to online description) or of the research to be conducted;
- one or two letters of recommendation from Department faculty member(s) or instructor(s) familiar with student’s work and/or project (letters may be submitted separately by the recommender or with the application. To send separately, email Savannah Carlstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- an updated résumé.
Applications are due March 8, 2019
Submit materials via application
Recipients will be selected by a committee of faculty from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- 2014 Doug Herrett, Ashley Stickel
- 2013 Liliana Martinez, Thomas Vretas
- 2012 Ashley Fournier, Kinjal Pandya
- 2011 Kevin Gutierrez, Sarah Little
- 2010 Krysten Bonacci, Molly Shack
Support the Crane Fund for Hispanic Studies
The LoAnn Crane Awards for Hispanic Studies are supported by a generous gift from Mrs. LoAnn Crane (B.A. 1947), a former Spanish major at Ohio State. Alumni and friends of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese may contribute online to The Crane Fund for Hispanic Studies.