Teaching/Volunteering Opportunity in Cuenca, Ecuador
For undergraduates or recently graduated students with Spanish proficiency
This year-long commitment involves volunteering at Fundación El Arenal, an alternative education center for children and adolescents of Cuenca, and teaching English at CEDEI, a popular language school in Cuenca, Ecuador.
The "Puente Cultural" Grant has two primary objectives:
1. to facilitate a cross cultural experience for OSU undergraduates (or recently graduated students) with high Spanish proficiency who demonstrate financial need.
2. to support El Arenal Foundation and its programs for children of working families.
The ideal student will possess the following qualities:
- High Spanish proficiency
- Willingness to commit to living at least 11 months in Ecuador -from mid June, 2018, to late May, 2019
- Financial need -an indication that the student would not be able to live abroad without financial help
- Interest in helping and teaching children of all ages
- Willingness to volunteer 20 hours per week at El Arenal Foundation as an ESL teacher for Ecuadorian children ages 10-18 (unpaid)
- Desire to become a TEFL certified ESL instructor
- Willingness to work 20 hours per week as an ESL instructor at CEDEI language school (paid)
- Willingness to maintain a report/blog/facebook page about this experience
- Priority will be given to students of Ohio State University or Augsburg College
Interested students please fill out the Google Form Application by January 31, 2018 for program to begin June, 2018.
Please direct questions to Mark Raderstof at firstname.lastname@example.org