Elvia Andía Grágeda
120 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Areas of Expertise
- Indigenous Language Policy
- Quechua & Spanish language teaching
- Quechua-Spanish translation
- M.A., Superior Education: Linguistic Politics of Indigenous Languages, Universidad Cosmos, Cochabamba, Bolivia, 2014
- Certificate, Production of Texts in Quechua, PROEIB Andes, Universidad Mayor de San Simón, Cochabamba, Bolivia, 2010
- Certificate, University Teaching, Universidad Mayor de San Simón, Departamento de Postgrado, Cochabamba, Bolivia, 2009
- B.A., Linguistics Applied to Language Teaching, Universidad Mayor de San Simón, Cochabamba, Bolivia, 2008
Tutoring & Translating Services
- ACTFL Certified Tester for Quechua
- Spanish to Quechua interpretation and translation
- Quechua to Spanish interpretation and translation
- Quechua beginner, intermediate, advanced tutoring and translation
- Spanish beginner, intermediate, advanced tutoring and translation
Elvia Andía is a linguist specializing in the study and instruction of Bolivian Quechua and Spanish. She holds a Master’s degree in Linguistic Policy of Indigenous Languages in Higher Education, and investigates the role of Quechua in such policies, particularly in the Quechua Public Indigenous University in Bolivia. She has worked as the Departmental Coordinator in the Ministry of Education for the country of Bolivia in Intra- and Intercultural Multilingual Education. Andía joined Ohio State in 2016 and instructs Quechua for both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as beginning Spanish.
Andía-Grágeda, Elvia. 2013. Juch’uy chaki 1. Cochabamba: Kipus.
Andía-Grágeda, Elvia. 2015. Juch’uy chaki 2. Cochabamba: Kipus.
Andía-Grágeda, Elvia. 2015. Juch’uy chaki 3. Cochabamba: Kipus.