Graduate Teaching Associate
Tuesdays 3-4 P.M. via Zoom and by appointment
Areas of Expertise
- Latin American Cultural Studies
- Gender Studies
- Digital Media
- Ph.D., Latin American Cultural and Literary Studies, The Ohio State University (in progress)
- M.A., Spanish, UNC Greensboro, 2019
- B.A., Communication and Spanish, Virginia Tech, 2013
Alyssa Bedrosian is a second-year PhD student in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at The Ohio State University. Her research explores feminist activism in Latin America, with a focus on Argentina and Mexico. Her article, "How #NiUnaMenos Used Discourse and Digital Media to Reach the Masses in Argentina," was recently published in Latin American Research Review and is available here: https://www.doi.org/10.1017/lar.2022.6. Currently, Bedrosian is working on a project that examines Catholic feminism in Latin America, specifically the discursive and digital media strategies of Católicas por el Derecho a Decidir.
Prior to Ohio State, Bedrosian worked as a communications professional for nearly eight years. She earned a bachelor's degree in communication and Spanish from Virginia Tech and a master's degree in Spanish from UNC Greensboro.
Tutoring & Translating Services
- Beginner Spanish Tutoring
- Intermediate Spanish Tutoring