Graduate Teaching Associate
Tuesdays 10-11 a.m. via Zoom and by appointment
Areas of Expertise
- 20th and 21st century Latin American cultural studies
- Women’s and gender studies
- Discourse analysis
- Ph.D., Latin American Cultural and Literary Studies, The Ohio State University (in progress)
- M.A., Latin American Cultural and Literary Studies, The Ohio State University, 2023
- M.A., Spanish, UNC Greensboro, 2019
- B.A., Communication and Spanish, Virginia Tech, 2013
Alyssa Bedrosian is a third-year PhD student in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at The Ohio State University. Her research explores feminist activism in Latin America, with a focus on Argentina and Mexico. Her article, "How #NiUnaMenos Used Discourse and Digital Media to Reach the Masses in Argentina," was published in Latin American Research Review in 2022 and is available here: https://www.doi.org/10.1017/lar.2022.6. Currently, Bedrosian is working on a project that examines Catholic feminism and la marea verde.
Prior to Ohio State, Bedrosian worked as a communications professional for nearly eight years. She earned a bachelor's degree in communication and Spanish from Virginia Tech and a master's degree in Spanish from UNC Greensboro.