Graduate Teaching Associate
Areas of Expertise
- Literary Linguistics
- Intercomprehension-Based Language Instruction
- Language and Racialization
- Ph.D., Studies of the Portuguese-Speaking World, The Ohio State University (in progress)
- M.A., French and Francophone Studies, San Diego State University
- B.A., Philosophy and French, Rhode Island College
Victoria Cataloni is a Graduate Teaching Associate in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at The Ohio State University. She is currently working at the confluence of linguistic and literary theory and studies in the context of Brazilian literature, predominantly of the 19th century.
Victoria also has interests in Maghrebine cultures and literatures, having specialized in the Algerian War for her M.A. project. Within this specialization, she has engaged with questions of language through representations of wartime trauma, sexuality, and gender.
Tutoring and Translating Services
- Tutoring: Portuguese, Italian, French all levels
- Translation: Eng>Ital, Ital>Eng, Port>Ital, Ital>Port