Graduate Teaching Associate
Areas of Expertise
- Language and Racialization
- Spanish as a Heritage Language
- Ph.D., Hispanic Linguistics, The Ohio State University (in progress)
- M.A., Hispanic Linguistics, The Ohio State University, 2022
- B.A., Spanish, California State University - Fullerton, 2020
Ileana is a third-year Ph.D. student in Hispanic Linguistics at The Ohio State University. Her current research interest revolve around the language use, attitudes and linguistic identities of Latines in Columbus Ohio. She is particularly interested in how Latines created spaces where they can translanguage and how these spaces create and expand their linguistic identities. She has previously worked at COSI, creating language activities in Spanish that make linguistics, as a field, more approachable for the public.