To schedule an appointment with Michelle Coria, Academic Advisor for Spanish & Portuguese, please call (614) 292-8485 or visit Hagerty Hall 355.
*Note: For all questions and/or concerns about SPAN 1101, 1102, 1155, 1103 and 2202 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major and Minor Programs
The Hagerty Hall Advising Office is dedicated to assisting undergraduate students in completing their major or minor program. We pride ourselves in working with each student as an individual to identify personal strengths and interests and help students identify and choose appropriate coursework within the curriculum. We are available to discuss career options, research opportunities, and facilitate relationships with faculty and the department.
Our advisors are available to help Undergraduate students:
- Declare a SPPO Major or Minor program
- Plan courses toward a major in Spanish:
Hispanic Linguistics Concentration Worksheet
Latin American Literatures & Cultures Concentration Worksheet
Iberian Literatures & Cultures Concentration Worksheet
- Schedule courses
- Apply for Graduation
- Discuss study abroad program information
- Identify special academic and career opportunities to enhance your degree
- Understand University policies and procedures
Frequently Used Student Tools
- Visit the OSU Registrar page for Registration, Fees, and Important Dates
- Visit the OSU College of Arts & Sciences page for General Education (GE) Requirements
Honors Major and Minor Programs
Honors Contracts and Revisions
Honors students who only need a signature on their Honors Contract or a Contract Revision Form should drop off the completed paperwork in Hagerty Hall 298 or send email in pdf format to Rachel Sanabria. An advising appointment is not necessary to obtain a signature.
Honors Advisors for Undergraduate Research
Honors students who are interested in undergraduate research should contact the appropriate faculty advisor in the Department of Spanish & Portuguese:
- Lúcia Costigan, Honors Advisor, Portuguese
- John Grinstead, Honors Advisor Hispanic Linguistics
- Ana Del Sarto, Honors Advisor Latin American Literatures and Cultures
- Eugenia Romero, Honors Advisor Iberian Literatures and Cultures